Mapping Canadian ports
Research For IndustryThe Office of Applied Research is available to assist business, industries, researchers and potential researchers throughout the research cycle.
The office has the tools and personnel to help with:
- Identifying industry driven applied research opportunities and connecting industry and appropriate researchers.
- Identifying funding opportunities from Federal and Provincial government sources.
- Information dissemination, through print and electronic media, to private business and industries outlining CNA applied research capabilities and resources.
- Administering public funding grants such as, NRC-IRAP, RDC, etc., in support of provincial SMEs.
- Assisting researchers to secure agency funding and/or industrial partnerships in support of their projects. A variable cache of seed fund (between $50k to $80k) is allocated each year to stimulate in-house research activity. This includes assistance in developing quality proposals, identifying funding agencies, managing project accounts, etc.
- Initiating research policy development where necessary, and the development and implementation of procedural efficiencies
- Administration of grants.
- Application review
- Assistance in obtaining institutional information not readily available to researchers
- Interpretation of funding agency regulations, if necessary
- Liaising with the funding agencies.