The Atlantic Trades Business Seal program is designed for journeypersons to advance their business and leadership skills and to gain regional career mobility. Graduates will be prepared for a managerial role within a company or will have gained the skillset required to create and manage their own business. Existing business owners will benefit from the program by developing the skills needed to take their business to the next level.
The program provides graduates with knowledge and skills in the following functional areas of business:
- Marketing & Sales
- Operations Management
- Business Planning
- Financial Management
- Human Resource Management
Graduates of the Atlantic Trades Business Seal program will have the knowledge and skills that will allow them to:
- Design an organizational structure for trade-related businesses
- Write a trade-related business plan
- Design and implement personnel policies
- Identify and analyze trends and statistical data related to the growth and improvement of trade-related businesses
- Identify options and alternatives for business growth and improvement
- Interpret financial statements to make informed business decisions
- Develop appropriate marketing strategies for trade-related businesses
- Schedule people, materials and equipment
- Develop feasible, competitive and profitable quotes or estimates
Each student will be assigned an academic advisor to help guide you through the college experience. The advisor is trained to counsel you on college-related issues or to make mutually agreed upon referrals for you to other college professionals.
The Seal can prepare graduates for a managerial role at a company or to create their own business. Existing business owners will benefit from the program by developing the skills needed to take their business to the next level.
Applicants must hold a Red Seal Credential or Certificate of Qualification in a designated trade.
Individuals must complete five stand-alone modules to meet the requirements for the Atlantic Trades Business Seal. Once these are successfully completed, a transcript must be submitted to the Apprenticeship and Trades Certification Division, which will issue the Atlantic Trades Business Seal.