Today’s digital world is a veritable playground for cybercriminals. The internet of things – auto thermostats, health trackers and other AI technologies – have opened the doors to digital interlopers and leave organizations and individuals vulnerable to invasion. The Government of Newfoundland Labrador recognizes this new digital era as a major industrial revolution.
Cybersecurity for the IT Professional will directly support and strengthen the cybersecurity industry, promoting data and information security for the public and private sectors. The program will enable existing information technology professionals to enter the growing cybersecurity industry for new in-demand roles and fill the emergent skills gap.
Graduates of this program will be capable of performing many of the cybersecurity functions in small and large businesses and at various levels.
Upon successful completion students will be able to:
1. Protect and/or defend an organization from internal and external threats
2. Offer suggestions for improving hardware, software, systems and security
3. Apply practical technical defenses in a digital war-fare world
4. Apply incident response techniques to minimize business impact and speed up business recovery
5. Manage modern cyber risks for business
- Information Technology, or other related professionals who want to acquire further education and training in cybersecurity to advance their career path
- Graduates of the following College of the North Atlantic programs:
- Computer Systems and Networking
- Programmer Analyst (Business) Co-op
- Accelerated Software Development
- Software Development (Co-op)
- Computing Systems Engineering Technology (Co-op)