The Marine Hospitality program is a 20-week program designed to provide students with the fundamentals for successfully working with the marine hospitality industry. By the end of the program, students will have a basic understanding of the tourism industry in Newfoundland (NL) and Atlantic region, and of its significance to the economy. Students will have acquired skills to deliver effective customer service, as well as food and beverage safety, preparation, and presentation. In addition, will have completed safety training required for employment in the marine industry (on board vessels).
Overall, the main program objectives are to:
- Acquire certification in Marine Emergency Duties (MED),
- Provide professional and effective customer service, and
- Demonstrate an understanding of the tourism industry in the province and Atlantic region.
Eligible participants must possess the following:
- The applicant must possess grade 10 or the equivalent. Individuals over 19, not meeting this criterion, may be considered under the Mature Student Requirements.
- English as a second language speakers must provide proof of English language skills (e.g., TOEFL paper based 550, TOEFL Internet based 79, TOEFL computer based 213 or equivalent or equivalency).