– As a result of new public health measures issued today implemented by the provincial Chief Medical Officer of Health in the St. John’s Metro area, College of the North Atlantic (CNA) will be closing its campuses and facilities in that region.
The following actions apply to Seal Cove, Ridge Road, and Prince Philip Drive (PPD) campuses (including the Anna Templeton Centre and Topsail Road Office) only:
- CNA is committed to maintain the academic term for students at this time. As such, all programs will continue to be delivered. Programs will move to online delivery starting on Monday, February 15, 2021, and will be in effect until Monday, March 8, 2021.
- Students and employees will be able to collect their personal effects and essential items for their programs on Thursday, Feb. 11, 2021 only. Please make every effort to do so on that day.
- Reading Week break will continue for students as scheduled, March 1-5, 2021.
- Employees will be required to work from home unless they are deemed essential by their supervisor. The return-to-campus/site date for management and support staff will be Thursday, February 25, 2021.
- The Machinist program, which is a joint offering between PPD and Placentia campuses, will move to online delivery.
- Work placements and clinical/practical will continue unless otherwise notified.
- PPD Child Care Centre will remain open.
- Classes that are currently online will continue as scheduled (including Feb. 11-12)
In addition to this, existing and new COVID-19 protocols are in effect at all CNA facilities in other areas of the province.
- CNA buildings and facilities are closed to the public. Only employees and students are permitted to enter and exit the building via authorized access points.
- All planned on-campus business appointments and off-campus/site meetings must be conducted virtually.
- In conjunction with this directive, all business travel within the province has been cancelled effective immediately, including travel between campuses and to other regions of the province.
- Meetings within the CNA network and with external stakeholders are to be held virtually until further notice.
To stay up to date on COVID-19 information, please follow:
College of the North Atlantic