STEHPENVILLE, NL –
As a result of new Public Health measures implemented February 12, 2021 by the province’s Chief Medical Officer of Health in response to the pandemic, College of the North Atlantic (CNA) is putting college-wide measures
in place effective immediately
Included in the actions are:
The measures related to ALERT LEVEL 5 that are now in place across Newfoundland and Labrador can be found here.
- For campuses that had their programs moved to online delivery last week (Prince Philip Drive, Ridge Road, Seal Cove, Carbonear and Placentia), their programs will begin as scheduled, Monday, Feb.15.
- Students currently completing their programs online will see no change in their program delivery and will continue online as scheduled.
- Programs at all other campuses throughout Newfoundland and Labrador will move to online delivery starting on Tuesday, Feb. 16, 2021, and will be in effect until Monday, March 8, 2021.
- Reading Week break will continue for students as scheduled, March 1-5, 2021.
- ALL hands-on practical learning at all campuses, labs and/or workshops for students is postponed until Monday, March 8, 2021.
- Work placements for students are postponed UNLESS they have a remote/virtual arrangement OR have a placement that may need to continue. Students are asked to confirm with their employer and their instructor on the particular logistics to ensure approvals and supervision are in place and in keeping with public health measures.
- ALL Customized and Continuous Learning (CCL) programs are cancelled until Monday, March 8, 2021.
- ALL EMPLOYEES are required to work from home unless they are deemed essential by their supervisor. The return-to-campus/site date for management and support staff will be Monday, March 1, 2021.
- Staff and faculty are asked to collect personal belongings and work-related materials on Monday, Feb. 15, 2021. Please contact your supervisor to arrange a schedule for pick up.
- Students are asked to contact their campus administrator/instructor to arrange for pick-up of their belongings and program-related materials Monday, Feb. 15, 2021.
- ALL buildings are closed to the public until further notice.
- ALL campuses with childcare centres are closed until Monday, March 8, 2021.
- ALL residences and cafeteria services will remain operational to support students as necessary.
This situation is continuously evolving; therefore, it is recommended that you please follow us via the platforms below for updates and more information:
College of the North Atlantic