Elevating Devices Inspector B
Competition Number: DGSNL.21.22.0536
Employment Type: Permanent
Division: Engineering and Inspection Services
Department: Department of Digital Government and Service NL
Position Group: NAPE General Service
Locations: Corner Brook Closing Date: Open until filled
Salary: $33.05-36.92 per hour (CG-37, NAPE GS)
DUTIES: Reporting to the Manager of Inspection Services, the Elevating Devices Inspector B is responsible for the interpretation, implementation and enforcement of NL regulations, codes, standards, policies and procedures related to the design, installation, maintenance and operation of elevating devices/lifts, amusement rides, ski lifts, and zip lines. Performance of the incumbent is reviewed through periodic visits, evaluation of written reports and consultation. This position performs periodic inspections; ensures compliance to adopted codes and standards; issues annual operating certificates; conducts investigations; gathers evidence and prepares detailed documentation to support the Crown’s position for litigation in cases of non-compliance and appears as a Crown witness when requested; issues directives to initiate corrective actions; prepares reports and statistical information pertaining to elevating devices/lifts, amusement rides, ski lifts and zip lines; performs other related duties as required.
1. Certified as a journeyman level Elevator Mechanic (equivalencies will be considered)
2. Experience in the operation, maintenance and repair of elevating devices/lifts, amusement rides, ski lifts, and zip lines
3. Experience conducting inspections and/or investigations
4. Experience compiling/preparing reports and documentation
5. Certified as an ASME QEI (asset)
6. Certified as an NAARSO level 1 Inspector (asset)
7. Completion of a ski lift mechanics course (asset)
8. Experience in the design, construction & installation of elevating devices/lifts, amusement rides, ski lifts, and zip lines (asset)
1. Knowledge of the operation, maintenance and repairs of elevating devices/lifts, amusement rides, ski lifts, and zip lines
2. Knowledge of the Public Safety Act, Amusement Rides and Elevating Devices Regulations, and adopted codes and standards
3. Knowledge of inspection procedures for elevating devices/lifts, amusement rides, ski lifts, and zip lines
4. Ability to communicate effectively
5. Ability to manage time and tasks
6. Ability to work independently
7. Ability to think critically
8. Relationship building
CONDITIONS OF OFFER:
1. Proof of recent and satisfactory certificate of conduct from local police
2. Proof of valid class 5 driver’s license
CONDITIONS OF ACCEPTANCE:
1. Willing to accept the requirements to travel by land, sea and air
2. Willing to accept overnight travel (frequent)
3. Willing to accept day travel (significant)
4. Acknowledges the requirement to become ASME QEI Certified (if applicable)
5. Acknowledges the requirement to maintain licenses/certifications as required
INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS:
- For additional information please contact Paul Fraser at (709) 729 -3974
- The Government of Newfoundland and Labrador values diversity in the work place and is an equal opportunity employer.
- Disability related accommodations and alternate formats are available upon request at any stage of the recruitment process by contacting email@example.com, 709-729-0130 or toll free at 1-888-729-7690.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada or those who are legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Applications must be received on or before the closing date stated for this job posting.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to submit an application that demonstrates the required merit criteria.
- Applications that do not clearly demonstrate the required criteria will be screened-out. ? All applications must contain accurate contact information, including current mailing address, email address and phone number.
- All information submitted as part of this application must be factual, complete and current to date of submission.
- This competition may be used to fill future similar vacancies with the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador.
Applications, quoting Competition Number DGSNL.21.22.0536 should be submitted: Online www.hiring.gov.nl.ca
Government Career Centre: https://www.hiring.gov.nl.ca/Jobs.aspx/Public