– College of the North Atlantic (CNA) campuses in Carbonear and Placentia will move programming online effective Monday, February 15, 2021.
This decision follows yesterday’s announcement
regarding operations at three of CNA’s campuses in St. John’s and area. Among the actions to be implemented at Carbonear and Placentia effective immediately are:
- Academic continuity is our commitment to students, and beginning Monday, Feb. 15, all programs at these campuses will move to online delivery until Monday, March 8, 2021.
- There will be no in-person classes for students tomorrow (Friday, Feb. 12).
- Students and employees will be able to collect their personal effects and essential items for their programs on Friday, Feb. 12, 2021. (NOTE: Because of the poor weather conditions and the closure of campuses on Thursday, the deadline to collect these items for St. John’s and areas campuses has been extended to Friday, Feb. 12.)
- Reading Week break will continue for students as scheduled, March 1-5, 2021.
- Employees will be required to work from home unless they are deemed essential by their supervisor. The return-to-campus/site date for management and support staff will be Thursday, February 25, 2021.
- Work placements and clinical/practical will continue unless otherwise notified.
- Classes that are currently online will continue as scheduled.
CNA is asking anyone who has recently travelled to the St. John’s metro area to review public health directions and measures, complete the online COVID-19 Self-Assessment Screening form, and seek guidance from 8-1-1. Information concerning this can be found here
Employees and students are also reminded that non-essential travel in and out of the St. John’s area is strongly discouraged at this time.
To stay up to date on COVID-19 information, please follow:
College of the North Atlantic