Posted: Tuesday, September 19, 2023
Part Time Bookkeeper
Part Time-every other week for a few hours monthly, flexible work hours. Seeking a female with bookkeeping skills and strong computer skills. $20 hour.
I am a counsellor in Private Practise at The Wellness Center in St. John’s. Help with billing to Public Service, Eastern Health, NTA those sorts of administrative tasks.
Contact me at:firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted: Thursday, September 14, 2023
FAMILY RESOURCE PROGRAM COORDINATOR
The Community Action Committee for Southwestern Newfoundland Family Resource Program provides programs and services for expectant mothers and their infants, and children from birth to six years and their families through a network of eight Family Resource Centres and four Healthy Baby Clubs throughout the region. We are currently seeking applicants for the full-time temporary position of Family Resource Program Coordinator for Stephenville/Port au Port East.
The Family Resource Program Coordinator will work as part of a team with other program staff and community partners in the planning, coordination and delivery of programs and services for families with young children from birth to six years of age. Duties will include planning and facilitating community-based early learning and health promotion programs for young children and their families including child/parent programs such as Drop-in Play, Baby and Toddler Time, Little Chefs, etc., as well as parenting programs and workshops.
Applicants must have a diploma or degree in Early Childhood Education or related field supplemented by a minimum of three years relevant work experience. Strong communication, interpersonal and facilitation skills are needed. First Aid/CPR Certificate, Criminal Records check, driver’s license, and own transportation are required.
Salary: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour for 35 hours per week. (depending upon qualifications and experience)
Start Date: Monday, October 10, 2023
Interested applicants are asked to submit their resume no later than Friday, September 29, 2023 by email or fax to the following:
Community Action Committee for Southwestern Newfoundland
P. O. Box 421
Tel: (709) 643-5399 Fax: (709) 643-5490
Posted: Thursday, September 14, 2023
Employment Opportunity: Apprentice Cook/Chef (Nan’s Kitchen)
Bay Roberts, NL
Keeping with the traditional focus of Powell’s Supermarket, Nan’s Kitchen Restaurant located in Powell's Supermarket Bay Roberts, offers delicious home cooked meals and friendly service. This “grocerant” area of our supermarket is newly renovated and is a warm, welcoming place to enjoy a meal with your family.
As we continue to grow, we are seeking a passionate and dedicated Apprentice Cook
to join our culinary team.
As an Apprentice Cook at Nan’s Kitchen, you will have the unique opportunity to learn and develop your culinary skills under the guidance of our experienced chefs. This position is ideal for individuals who are enthusiastic about the art of cooking and aspire to become skilled culinary professionals.
- Assist in the preparation of ingredients.
- Learn and practice various cooking techniques.
- Assist in cooking and presenting dishes under the supervision of the chef.
- Maintain a clean and organized workstation.
- Follow all food safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Willingness to learn and take on new tasks as assigned by the culinary team.
How to Apply:
- A genuine passion for cooking and a desire to pursue a career in culinary arts.
- Successful completion of a cook program is required.
- No prior professional cooking experience required; we are looking for candidates with a strong willingness to learn.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to take direction and learn from experienced chefs.
If you are excited about embarking on a culinary journey and becoming an integral part of our kitchen team, please send your resume to email@example.com
Join us at Nan’s Kitchen and start your culinary career on the right foot. We look forward to welcoming you to our team and helping you cultivate your culinary talents.
The Powell Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Posted: Friday, September 8, 2023
SHA (Prairie North)
Applicants selected for interviews will be
RESPIRATORY THERAPIST DIPLOMA (CASUAL)
Posting #: GO-00732764
Position #: 152320
Posted Date: September 05, 2023 17:00 CST
Closing Date: September 12, 2023 23:59 CST
Type: Permanent Casual
Facility: LLOYDMINSTER HOSPITAL
Department: LH-RESPIRATORY THER
Expected Start Date: September 13, 2023
Hours of Work:
Salary or Pay Band: $36.459 to $44.475 (5 step range)
Number of Positions: 1
The Saskatchewan Health Authority is
the largest employer in Saskatchewan,
employing over 43,000 staff in a dynamic
The Saskatchewan Health Authority is
committed to providing coordinated
quality services that are seamless, safe
Note to Internal applicants. To ensure
your application is received and you are
included in the applicant list, please
submit your resume and cover letter via
Gateway Online. For postings within
former RQHR only, apply via email
through firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the
posting number, or through Health
Careers in Saskatchewan, if available.
By submitting your application, you
consent to your application history being
shared with Human Resources and the
applicable hiring managers.
The Respiratory Therapist is accountable for the provision of respiratory therapy services for inpatient and community clients of the Saskatchewan
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
Diploma in Respiratory Therapy
Registered or eligible for registration with the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapist (C.S.R.T)
Registered or eligible for registration with the Saskatchewan College of Respiratory Therapist (S.C.R.T)
Valid Class 5 driver's license
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Ability to travel both within the region and provincially
No guaranteed hours
The Saskatchewan Health Authority (SHA) requires a criminal record check (CRC) from every potential SHA team member. The CRC must be dated
within the past six (6) months and be satisfactory to the SHA. A vulnerable sector check (VSC) is required for individuals providing
patient/resident/client care to vulnerable persons. Internal candidates may be required to provide a CRC and/or VSC during the recruitment and
selection process. We work together to improve our health and well-being. Every day. For everyone. The SHA is committed to building a
representative, diverse, inclusive and culturally responsive workforce. We are committed to the Truth and Reconciliation Calls to Action. We work in the
spirit of truth and reconciliation acknowledging Saskatchewan as the traditional territory of First Nations and Metis people
Posted: Friday, September 8, 2023
The Confederacy of Mainland Mi’kmaq
Department of Finance and Administration
About The CMM
The Confederacy of Mainland Mi’kmaq (The CMM) is a Tribal Council representing the eight Mi’kmaq
communities of mainland Nova Scotia. Our mission is to proactively promote and assist Mi’kmaq
communities’ initiatives towards self-determination and enhancement of community. The CMM’s
Department of Finance and Administration (DFA) is currently looking for a motivated and knowledgeable
candidate to fill the role of Purchasing Coordinator.
Under the direction of the Director of Finance and Administration, and reporting to the Controller, the
Purchasing Coordinator manages the organization's procurement process. By working with internal and
external stakeholders, they identify procurement needs, evaluate suppliers and vendors, negotiate
contracts, and ensure the timely delivery of goods and services.
Overview of Responsibilities:
• Source and obtain price quotations from catalogues and suppliers and prepare purchase orders.
• Calculate cost of orders and charge or forward invoices to appropriate accounts.
• Process purchases within purchasing authority.
• Communicate with suppliers to resolve problems that may arise regarding delivery, quality, price,
or conditions of sale in a timely manner.
• Collaborate with departments to maximize efficiency in the purchasing and inventory control
• Prepare and maintain purchasing files and reports and provide shipping quotes in a timely manner.
• Maintain knowledge of trends, prices, and delivery conditions to anticipate future material
• Prepare requisition orders to replenish materials, equipment, and stock in a timely manner.
• Reconcile physical inventories and maintain stock rotation and replenishment.
• Report outdated inventory stock, disposals and required inventory adjustments to the Controller.
• Ensure competent quality execution of all day-to-day purchasing duties and administrative works.
• Handle associates purchasing issues by providing solutions, often within a time limit to ensure
• Liaison between associates and suppliers to meet company purchasing deadlines.
• Support with other purchasing and inventory related duties as assigned by the Controller.
• Community college or equivalent degree or diploma in a related field, such as office administration,
• Minimum of two-years of direct experience working in an accounting/finance environment,
preferably with a focus on the purchasing cycle.
• Ability to manage multiple lines of business and work effectively with other departments, levels of
government, industry, and the public.
• Demonstrated ability to work on multi-discipline teams, or independently, and meet deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills, written and spoken.
• Strong work ethic and ability to work in an environment requiring discretion and confidentiality.
• Proficiency and experience in MS Office and accounting software, such as Sage 300 etc.
• High levels of teamwork, client service and professionalism.
• Ability to work unsupervised with a high level of productivity with the ability to seek and take
• Adaptability and flexibility in managing multiple priorities.
• Experience working in or with First Nation communities an asset but not required.
Why work with us?
The Confederacy of Mainland Mi’kmaq (The CMM) is well known throughout Canada as a professional
organization that is committed to providing a pleasant and healthy working environment for all its
employees. As an organization, we understand that a great work/life balance is essential to success. As a
full-time employee you can expect:
• An atmosphere that is both professional and family oriented.
• Enrollment in the organization’s benefits packages on your first day of employment with no
waiting period, which includes Health & Dental, and Employee & Family Assistance Program
• Generous amounts of paid time off (Paid Statutory Holidays plus St. Anne’s Day and Aboriginal
Day, Summer Shutdown (2 weeks), Christmas Shutdown (roughly 2 weeks), plus 1 week of
discretionary vacation time (up to 2 weeks with 10 years of service).
• Social Committee, Staff Days, Staff Knowledge Days, etc.
If you would like to join The CMM Family, please see below on how to apply for this position.
Salary: $50,000 per year. This is a Permanent Position (pending successful one-year probationary
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Submit Cover Letter AND Resume to: Human Resources
c/o The Confederacy of Mainland Mi’kmaq
PO Box 1590, Truro, Nova Scotia B2N 5V3
We are an equal opportunity employer; however, qualified Aboriginal applicants will be given priority in accordance with the Aboriginal
Employment Preference Policy of the Canadian Human Rights Commission. Only those applicants who provide an up-to-date CV
along with a cover letter and qualify for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate may be require