In this fast-paced world of supply and demand, marketers are aiming to work smarter, not harder. They must be efficient with workflows and processes, as well as flexible, adaptable, and prepared to pivot.
Our two-year Marketing diploma program is designed to provide you with a broad background in business administration with an emphasis on marketing. You will gain the knowledge and skills necessary to analyze the marketing environment and effectively develop comprehensive marketing strategies for implementation and monitoring, marketing product, price, promotion, and distribution.
You will build on your critical thinking, communication, and problem-solving skills. With the foundations of accounting, human resource management, business law, research, communications and more, you will be thoroughly prepared to work for a variety of organizations in marketing, sales, retailing, administration, advertising, and general management.
This investment of time will gain you dividends as you build your career!
Did You Know?
- Six-week work exposure to gain real-world experience in marketing
- Accredited by Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
- Transferable credits with CNA’s articulation agreements with Memorial University (Grenfell), Athabasca University, Griffith University, Plymouth University, and the University of New Brunswick (Saint John)
- According to a recent industry report, e-commerce will account for 20.4% of global retail sales by the end of 2022, up from only 10% five years ago.
- Reports from November 2022 show that consumers’ usage of social media is up nearly 8% since the beginning of the year and there are an estimated 4.74 billion users currently on social media.
- Globally, reports show that 85% of people have changed their purchasing habits to become more sustainable in the past five years.
Upon successful completion of the program, graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate proficiency in fundamental marketing concepts, including segmentation, targeting, positioning, branding, pricing, and promotion
- Develop and implement comprehensive marketing strategies that are both effective and measurable
- Analyze marketing decisions related to product, price, promotion, and distribution to provide viable business solutions
- Utilize the latest digital marketing trends and tools, such as social media, search engine optimization, and email marketing to achieve marketing goals
- Make responsible and ethical decisions that align with organizational values and effectively communicate marketing strategies and results to various stakeholders
- Exhibit the application of employability skills defined by the Conference Board of Canada to facilitate successful entry into the workplace and work collaboratively with team members from diverse backgrounds and skill sets to achieve common marketing goals
Eligibility for admission to Marketing program requires the applicant to meet one of the following academic criteria:
1. High School
Provincial High School Graduation Certificate with a 60% overall average in the following (or equivalent):
i. English 3201 or English 3202 (60% minimum)
ii. Mathematics (4 credits) chosen from:
Advanced: 2200, 3200 (50% minimum in each course)
Academic: 2201 (50% minimum), 3201 (60% minimum)
iii. Five credits at the 3000 Level
2. Comprehensive Arts and Science (CAS) Transition
Comprehensive Arts and Science (Transition) Certificate with the following courses:
i. Math Fundamentals: MA1040
3. Adult Basic Education (ABE)
Adult Basic Education (Level III) Graduation with Business-Related College Profile including the following courses (or equivalent):
i. English 3101A, 3101B, 3101C or 3102A, 3102B, 3102C
ii. Mathematics 1101A, 1101B, 1101C, 2101A, 2101B, 2101C, 3101A, 3101B, 3101C
Applicants with Adult Basic Education (Level III) Graduation with a different Profile may be eligible for admission to the program provided the appropriate selection of courses including those outlined above have been completed.
4. Mature Student Requirements
Applicants who do not meet the education prerequisites for this program, must be 19 years at the time of application and out of school for at least one year may be considered on an individual basis under the Mature Student Requirements; for more information regarding the Mature Student Requirements please refer to Procedure AC-102-PR Admission
International Students – Admission Requirements and Information
1. High School
i. Proof of senior high school/secondary school Diploma/Certificate with equivalent minimum grades for the required high school courses listed above.
ii. India applicants only – Proof of senior high school/secondary school Diploma/Certificate with an equivalent Grade 10 Mathematics (50% min.) and Business/Commerce Stream.
2. English Proficiency
All international applicants must meet the College’s English language proficiency requirements for acceptance into regular programs. The College will accept these recognized tests of English language proficiency (TOEFL paper based 550, TOEFL Internet based 79, TOEFL computer based 213 or equivalent, IELTS Academic Test overall band score of 6.0, or Pearson PTE 53 or greater, etc.).
If a language proficiency test other than those referenced above was used, applicants can forward for assessment.
If an international applicant has attended an educational institution (high school or post-secondary) for a period of three years or more where the official language of instruction was English, the English language proficiency test will not be required.
: Some programs may require specific English language requirements and proficiency scores that differ from those stated above; therefore international applicants are advised to please refer to the specific program admission requirements as identified in the College Calendar.
Graduates of this program may obtain employment in a variety of marketing areas such as:
- Coordinator (Marketing)
- Social Media Marketing Coordinator
- Content Creator
- Social Media Management
- Marketing Assistant
- Business Development Representative
- Chamber Representatives
Marketing is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) in all campus locations. ACBSP is the leading specialized accreditation association for business education supporting, celebrating, and rewarding teaching excellence.
The Marketing program offers exit points after Year 1 and Year 2.
*Students can graduate at the end of Year 1 with a Business Administration Certificate.
*Students graduate at the end of Year 2 with a Marketing Diploma.
Graduates of the Marketing program may have the opportunity to transfer credits to institutions/associations such as:
- Memorial University of Newfoundland, Grenfell Campus
- Athabasca University, Alberta
- Griffith University, Australia
- Plymouth University, UK
- University of New Brunswick, Saint John Campus
Graduates may also wish to further their studies to achieve professional designations with:
- Canadian Institute of Management (CIM)
- Canadian Professional Sales Association
- Canadian Public Relations Society
- International Personnel Management Association (IPMA) - Canada