In Newfoundland and Labrador, the Residential Tenancies Act sets out the rights and obligations of tenants and landlords, and protects tenants who are covered under the Act. The Residential Tenancies Act does not apply to all renters.  If you live in student residence you are likely not covered by the Act as it does not include university and college residences on campuses.
If you require assistance with an issue regarding your rental unit or have any questions, you can contact the Residential Tenancies Board nearest you, which can be found on the web at https://www.servicenl.gov.nl.ca/landlord/
For more information or for questions regarding landlord and tenant relations contact the Residential Tenancies Division of the Department of Government Services and Lands:

Contact Us

5 Mews Place
P.O. Box 8700
St. John’s, NL  A1B 4J6

Toll Free: 1.877.829.2608
  • Option #1: Eastern Region
  • Option #2: Central Region
  • Option #3: Western & Labrador Region